Robinson United Church,1061 Richmond St, London, Ontario, brief history
1890 Reverend Boyd of Queens Avenue Methodist Church, now Metropolitan United Church, determined there was a need for a new church in North London.
1890 Open air services were held in the summer months on our present site.
1890 Work began on a wooden building on land donated by Thomas McCormick.
1891 The new North London Mission church held its first service. The building was contributed by Mr. George Robinson and Mr. Whiskard.
1912 A new, larger building which could seat 700 was opened for service.
1916 The new Casavant organ was installed.
1925 The Methodist, Congregationalist and Presbyterian churches joined to form the United Church of Canada.
1952 The Church Sanctuary was renovated and a new Sunday School wing added thanks to the generous donation of Mr. & Mrs. H.T.N. Reynolds.
1989 The Coffee Room was transformed into the Wallace Room.
1991 Robinson Memorial United celebrated its centennial.
1999 Reverend Tracy Crick joined Robinson.
One-World Talent Show, May 2010, raised funds for a well, Washrooms, and health & hygiene training in Cooper Town, Liberia.
Jan 1, 2011- Amalgamation with Colborne St United, ( 47 members went to Colborne, 37 to Rowntree )