The United Church of Canada is calling for prayer and welcoming donations for Nepal Earthquake Relief in response to the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit the south Asian country on April 24. The United Church has contributed $7,500 from its Emergency Response Fund to ACT Alliance to provide emergency aid in Kathmandu and surrounding areas. The Canadian government will match, dollar for dollar, donations to registered Canadian charities (including the United Church) made between April 25 and May 25.
We pray for the people of Nepal, tens of thousands of whose lives have been suddenly and violently shattered, their loved ones, homes, and livelihoods lost. We also pray for the Nepalese who are now living in Canada, in particular members of Knox United Church in Winnipeg, and for those Canadians whose loved ones were in Nepal when the earthquake struck and are still waiting to hear if they are safe
Donate Through the United Church of Canada
- Online go to the home page of United Church’s site; www.united-church.ca
- Phone 416-231-5931 ext. 3050 or toll-free 1-800-268-3781 ext. 3050 and use your Visa or MasterCard.
- Send a cheque, money order, or Visa or MasterCard information with donation amount to:
The United Church of Canada
- Philanthropy Unit—Emergency Response
3250 Bloor Street West, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4
- Update on July 7; As of June 12, The United Church has received 3,235 donations totaling $796,256. See where the funds are being spent at the United Church web site – Nepal earthquake